Heylo!!!
SOOOO...It's been a while since I've made a real post (since summer, at least, and now it's November!! How the time flies!!) So I decided that, although I should very much be sleeping right now, I will post :).
Anyway, down to business. Major optimism coming in here: QUIDDITCH!!!! I am now on my college's official Quidditch team, and I absolutely LOVE it!!!! It's a sport for everyone, be you a nerd, jock, or someone who just wants to have some fun and make a bunch of amazing friends :). If you want to learn the rules, read my next post, for I will explain it there :).
Anyhoo, the real reason I'm posting about Quidditch (other than it's extreme awesomeness) is that the fifth Quidditch World Cup is taking place this weekend in NYC!!! And my school has a really good chance of winning (being #3 in the nation at the moment of writing this post)!!!! I am super-excited for this, even though, unfortunately, I cannot actually go :(. HOWEVER, the IQA (yes, there is an International Quidditch Association) will be live-streaming at least one game per school, so I should get to watch my Tigers play anyway :). Plus, they will also be streaming the final on Sunday, so hopefully we will be playing in that too!!!
So yes, anyone who may happen to be reading this should go check out Quidditch, if you don't know about it already!!! It's a sport that is sweeping the nation, and it's NOT just for nerds, nor is is LARP (Live Action Role Playing). It's quite physical, actually, and I've seen a few broken bones even though I've only been on the team since August. It's made even more physical by the broomstick sticking out from between players' legs and the fact that any kind of padding is not allowed. Anyways, yeah, see next post for more information on how the game is played :).
I guess that's all for now!!! Quidditch is awesome, go check it out, and thanks for reading!!!
~Victoria
PS: I <3 making buttons!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment