So yup. Two in one day. That might just be a record for me, I'm not sure. Just felt the urge to write something, and I gave in (I didn't exactly put up much of a fight, honestly).
So, start with some pessimism. Unfortunately, I've been feeling rather pessimistic the last few days, so there's plenty to go around. First bit is the simplest and the most immediate: my grits are too watery. I don't make them as well as my grandmother always did, hers were the best. Oh well, at least they still taste good. Second bit is worse: I believe I'm sick. I haven't been feeling well off and on for the last few days. My stomach is giving me odd troubles, unfortunately. I hate being sick, it's horribly miserable. I hope this clears up and leaves me alone rather soon. While I'm pretty sure it's a physical problem (as in: it hurts and I'm not making it up), I'm wondering if it might also have to do with the mental stress I've undergone recently. I've been through quite a bit in the last month and a half, and the worst pessimism of all is that I'm not sure if it's over. The negative part of me thinks it'll get worse before it gets better. The more positive part likes to think better of the situation, but it still can't help worrying a little. Both parts are not sure how much more I can handle, but I guess we'll see when school starts up again (13 days and counting).
Alright, enough negativity!!! I need some optimism. I'm watching Alice in Wonderland for the 5th or so time in the last few days :). I <3 this movie (the old Disney cartoon, not the new Tim Burton film...I can't stand Tim Burton). I know almost every single line by heart...I could nearly recite the entire thing by heart (and I say the lines with the movie when I watch it...yes, I'm one of THOSE people). Also, I got to play Quidditch today!!! I enjoyed it, even though it hurt to run around so much (I have no running endurance, none at all). Lunch that followed was rather nice as well. Several of us sat and talked for a few hours afterward, about various things. Best optimism for now?? It's 2012. It's a new year and a time to start over. I like that feeling. I like beginnings, not endings. Endings are sticky, difficult, and emotional, at least for me. It's time to put the endings of 2011 behind me and step up to the beginnings being offered in 2012 :).
Well, that's all for now, folks!!!
~Victoria
PS: OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can't believe I never mentioned that I got ENGAGED on here, or told the story!!! I have NO idea how that slipped my mind!!! Well, yes, I'm engaged now (and have been since July 22, 2011), and incredibly happy about this development ^_^. Here's how he proposed:
So, it was our 3rd anniversary, and we'd never really gotten to celebrate our other anniversaries properly. I asked to plan this one myself, and I made plans for us to go to New Orleans for the day and do a few things. One of those things was to do a lunch cruise on the Creole Queen Riverboat. So we were on the boat, and we hadn't left yet (we got on as soon as they started boarding). The ship wasn't yet crowded, and we were alone in the room we'd sat down in, sitting on the widow seat with a nice view of the paddle wheel. There was a jazz pianist playing in the other room, and we could hear the song she was playing. We were in a very silly mood, and were playing around, laughing, joking, and having a wonderful time. I was sitting next to him and doing some silly dance-thing, and he asked me to stand up and dance with him, so I agreed. We stood and danced a bit to the jazz music, and we started talking. Now, every month on the 22nd (which is the day of our anniversary) for 3 years, he has asked me "Will you keep me around for another month?" It has become our sort or tradition. So he started off by asking the usual "Will you keep me around for another month?", and I said of course I will. Then he asked (as it was our anniversary) "Will you keep me around for another year?", and again I said yes. Then he asked "Will you keep me around forever?", and I said I would love to, so he knelt on one knee and asked me to marry him. Even though I had pictured it a thousand times (and I knew he was going to do it that day too), and I had thought a thousand times of different ways to reply to that question, I didn't say a word. I just looked at his beautiful smile, and I smiled back, and I kinda just nodded. He stood up, put the ring on my finger (he was a bit worried it was too small when it didn't go easily over my knuckle, but I fixed that!!), and then we hugged and said how much we love each other. I thought it was an incredibly sweet moment. I'm definitely going to remember it for the rest of my life :).
No comments:
Post a Comment