Work hard, give freely, love joyously, think deeply, enjoy innocence, don't grow up too fast, be creative, never give up, learn loads, pray often, dare to be different, forgive but don't forget, respect others, joke, laugh, sing, dance, scream, cry, hurt, heal, and always love the life you are living. Each day is a blessing.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

To Sleep Perchance to Dream

Sometimes I hate trying to sleep. It almost seems pointless. I either get distracted and stay up half the night, or I can't fall asleep. Right now it's the latter of the two. I woke up around 3 AM and now I can't fall back asleep. I can also never get comfortable, which is not fun. It kills my back, and some days I wake up with horrible back pain from sleeping strangely. Not to mention that most of my muscles are already hurting from Quidditch yesterday (yes, that little bit of practice hurt me, so what??), so this is not a very good night so far :(. Sleep escapes.

At least when I sleep I don't usually have any dreams, or at least not any I can remember. I can sometimes remember flashes, but not often much more. I'd rather no dreams than nightmares. I had my fair share of those when I was little, some recurring. One of the worst I ever had involved everyone, myself included, freezing to death in a split second, and it was so realistic that I woke up crying. The worst one I ever had was a couple years ago. I dreamed that Erik was long dead and that no one cared how upset I was. Not only was he gone forever, which was torture in itself, but my own mother was telling me to get over it already, rather callously. I remember waking up and calling him immediately, hysterical. It was awful. I've had good dreams too. I've dreamed of Hogwarts and Disney World. Those are always good ones. I've had really strange dreams that were really cool as well. REM sleep is an interesting thing :). Well, I guess I'll give sleeping another go now. I'm exhausted, but trying to fall asleep is...unpleasant. Not only is it uncomfortable, but I think too much as well. But I've put on some soothing music, I've written out my thoughts now, and I'm not too terribly uncomfortable, so I shall try again :). Goodnight, Ghost Reader :).

Victoria

PS: Why is a raven like a writing desk??

No comments:

Post a Comment