Work hard, give freely, love joyously, think deeply, enjoy innocence, don't grow up too fast, be creative, never give up, learn loads, pray often, dare to be different, forgive but don't forget, respect others, joke, laugh, sing, dance, scream, cry, hurt, heal, and always love the life you are living. Each day is a blessing.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Forgot a Title

Pessimism: Just finished Season 4 of Doctor Who, and all my favorite people are gone now :(.  He's going to regenerate into Matt Smith, and I shall miss David Tennant, along with Rose, Martha, Donna, and several others :(.  I don't think they'll be coming back, and I'm sad.  However, Season 4 was my absolute favorite :).  It was fantastic!!!

Thing is, watching this show has got me thinking.  It's been so exciting, these last several days, watching the show, seeing it all, discovering it all for the first time.  I"m not sure I've been this excited about something since Harry Potter was still being published, and "between you and me, that is saying something." ;)  It's odd, really.  This quirky show has got me completely hooked, and I absolutely adore it.  All of it.  I never thought I'd feel this way again, this connection with the characters, this care for their lives and their futures, this thirst, this NEED to know what happens next.  I experience it to an extent with almost everything I read or watch - after all, that's what keeps a story interesting - but not to this extent.  Nothing, absolutely nothing will ever come close to the way that Harry made me feel.  That's one of those things that you only experience once a lifetime, I feel, and it's something I grew up with, something that became a part of who I am, from that magical time in 2001, the first time, to that magnificent day in 2007, when I finished my journey at last.  I know that can't happen again, and I would never want it to.  Repetition of the experience would dull the magic, the special quality of it.  BUT, there is something.  Things can come close.  So far, I've had very few potentials, very few things that have come close to that feeling, and some of them let me down after a while, they couldn't hold me.  Leven Thumps, Lord of the Rings, Heroes...those things were wonderful, but they didn't quite get to that level of magic that I've been looking for.  I can think of only two other things off the top of my head that have reached that level, one a book, one a TV show (that I spent a couple years being entirely obsessed with back in junior high): Alias and The Night Circus.  Both of those filled me with a dose of that magic that I've been missing since the end of HP (though, of course, never the same as Harry.  Never.), though I didn't realize it about Alias at the time, because I still had Harry when I saw Alias :).  Well, Doctor Who is my newest one, the 3rd thing to fill me with that magic I've been missing.  I love it!!  I love it so much!!!  And the beauty is that while the others have all ended, Doctor Who is still there!!!  There's still more to come, more to look forward to!!  And even better than that, there are TONS of people I can talk to about it and share this passion I'm developing with!!!  So many of my friends are Doctor Who fans, and I get to be a new one and share it with them now!!! :D  It's wonderful!!!  I think it might have felt a bit like this if I'd had a lot of friends who were HP fanatics to the same extent I was (and still am ;)).  This is fantastic :).

Anyways, back on another track, I move back to school this week.  This Thursday, actually.  Part of me is looking forward to it, while the other part of me dreads it.  I have so much enjoyed being home, seeing my family, spending time with Erik, and just having no real responsibility.  I've never had a holiday like this, and I loved it all :).  Being 19 with a car certainly has its perks ;).  But even though I've enjoyed being home, I'm happy to go back.  I've missed school.  I've missed the fixed schedule of it all, my dorm room, my roommate!!  I've definitely missed Shelby, it's been forever since we've talked!!  I've really missed Quidditch, me teammates, lunches with Katelyn and Shannon, walking around the lovely campus, and just everything!!!  I will be quite excited to go back :).  Besides, I've always got my home for weekends, days off, the summer...college only lasts for so long, and one day it will be finished and I will never be able to come back to these days, so I better enjoy them while I can :).  I'm a nostalgic person, but I do my best to enjoy the present whenever I can :).

This will be a busy week for me.  Wednesday we have Quidditch practice, I move back to school on Thursday morning, I'm helping my grandmother move on Friday (she's lived in her trailer for my entire life, in the same exact house, in the same exact spot...since before my uncle was born (he's 26 now), and she's went and bought a house.  It's a happy thing, of course, that trailer is falling apart, but it's also sad.  I'm going to miss that trailer.  For as long as I can remember, that's been "Mawmaw's House", and now it won't be.  So many memories in that trailer, and now it will be gone.), and on Saturday, I'm going to the zoo with my friends, the ones I never get to see, the ones I miss SOOO much!!!!  We are all going to the local zoo (which my family and I visit rather frequently) Saturday afternoon, and it's going to be a BLAST!!!!  I can't wait!!!  I love the zoo, and I'm sure we'll all do some crazy things while we're there ;).  Then I start class again on Tuesday, which I'm also looking forward to :).  I have two HNRS classes that sound very interesting (ok...one of them does, at least), and my English class is one I've really been looking forward to: Film as Literature.  I've been very excited about this class for quite a while now!!!  My friend Katelyn will be in it with me, and I'm sure it will be great fun :).

Anyways, it's late, I'm tired, and I believe I've hit the point of ranting now, so I'd better stop typing and get some sleep :).  Though Blayke and I both made a promise to ourselves to start going to bed and waking up earlier starting in January, I seem to be doing a rather bad job of following through with it (It's nearly 4 AM!!!), but I suppose I'll get better at it once I've finished Doctor Who :).  Anyways, goodnight Ghost Reader (and Shannon, if you read this ;)).

TTFN!!
Victoria

PS:

 So live, that when thy summons comes to join
The innumerable caravan which moves
To that mysterious realm, where each shall take  75
His chamber in the silent halls of death,
Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch  80
About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment