Happy Valentine's Day!!! Honestly, I usually can't stand this holiday. I've been with Erik since July '08 and until today, we've had nothing but horrible Valentine's Days. Even before that, I was never particularly fond of the holiday. It just seems kinda pointless as well as obnoxious.
HOWEVER!!!
This year's V-Day went much better than any other I've ever experienced!!! I woke up this morning to a text from Shannon about something Quidditch-related in the school newspaper, so I woke up (an hour early) to go check it out. Right smack-dab in the middle of the paper was a page of Valentine's Day shout-outs. Well, all but 4 of the 15 shout-outs were to all the girls on the Quidditch team!!! All said "Happy Valentine's Day, _____" (the blank being the girl's name). I spent the morning telling most of the other girls and talking about it with them. We all loved it!!! It was so cool!!! I know it doesn't seem like much, but it's quite a nice surprise to discover on the morning of Valentine's Day :). We also had fun for a while trying to figure out who did it. Unfortunately, we never found out :(. All the Quidditch guys said they didn't do it, and whoever did never came out and said :(. It's very disappointing, since all of us loved it so much and wanted to thank the person for doing that. It was very sweet and made all of our morning :). Hopefully whoever it is will admit to it soon, as I am DYING with curiosity!!! The mystery of the anonymous Quidditch Valentines must be solved!!!
Here's a picture:
The second thing that happened today was that I got stuck in traffic for 3 hours trying to make the 30-minute trip to visit Erik. He made me steak, a baked potato, and steamed veggies for dinner, which was delicious and very sweet of him :). Then we went to Starbucks to hang out and talk for a bit, which was very nice :). Though we didn't do too much today, he took me out to Texas de Brazil Sunday night for dinner, and that was a lovely Valentine's date!!! We had a wonderful time trying all different kinds of things and talking over the delicious dinner!!! All in all, very very sweet :). And my Valentine's gift from him is that he put Starship on DVD for me to watch :D!!! I'm so excited!!! He also wants to watch it with me!!! YAY!!! :D
There was also a Quidditch scrimmage today, but since I was visiting Erik, I didn't go. I'm getting my hair chopped off tomorrow (not exactly, but sorta...several inches, at least, and also getting it fixed from when I mutilated my bangs last week XD), and hopefully going with Rachel and Ryan to Hobby Lobby for some...ahem...things. Perhaps I shall explain more later ;).
Mardi Gras Cup is this weekend, and we shall see how that goes.
Well, I hope, Ghost Reader, that you have had a lovely Valentine's Day yourself.
Goodnight,
Victoria
PS: Rachel made me a Valentine's card with the TARDIS on it!!!!!!!!! :D It says: "Not even a Dalek can exterminate my love for you!" I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

By the way, since you were enjoying V-Day with your fiance, you missed being filmed at the Scrimmage. Saw it on tv this morning.
ReplyDeleteA report says that LSU is the most sexy university in the country. James was interviewed & he mentioned about how girls on the team make full tackles. I also could see several of your mates playing in the background.
P.S. Don't mention too much about the *ahem* things, for a ghost reader does not need to know about it before she gets it.