Work hard, give freely, love joyously, think deeply, enjoy innocence, don't grow up too fast, be creative, never give up, learn loads, pray often, dare to be different, forgive but don't forget, respect others, joke, laugh, sing, dance, scream, cry, hurt, heal, and always love the life you are living. Each day is a blessing.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

What I REALLY Do in Class

So, I'm in college, as you should know, and so therefore I must take college classes.  Remember that art and colonialism class I'm taking??  Well, it's super boring (and an hour and a half long...at 9 AM, which means I'm also usually tired :P), so I've taken to drawing things on my notes to pass the time.  I figured I'd share some of my work, which is always done in pen since that's what I use to take notes.  I always end up with ink stains on my jeans from wiping the ink off my hands onto them :P.  Well, here they are:

This picture is supposed to be of the Night Circus, one of the BEST books I think I've ever read.  The entire circus is in black and white.  I think this might be my favorite notes-picture I've drawn.



This is a picture of a fire-breathing dragon.  I was bored and wanted to see if I could actually draw something that even remotely resembled a dragon.  I think it does, for the most part (probably due to the fire and the ridges on its back), so I guess I succeeded...sorta.


The top corner picture is a leafless tree branch at night with the moon in the background.  I put the weird markings on the moon because it was quite boring as just a white circle.  It needed a bit of interest.  I think my tree has way too many branch parts, but I like this one anyway.  I'm proud of the fact that my light pen shading/smearing (hence: ink on fingers --> wiped on jeans) actually kinda looks like the darkness behind the shadowy tree. I was worried the background would end up too dark and you wouldn't be able to see the tree.  Underneath the tree picture is a myriad of stars.  Makes me think of Jo Rowling's illustrations in the Tales of Beedle the Bard, which is why I did it.


This is a picture of Quidditch equipment with the sun rising/setting (whichever you prefer) in the background.  I like drawing the sun in the background of pictures.  I also like pictures where I can just make everything black.  Hence this type of drawing.  I rather like the way this looks.



This is a picture based on the Tale of the Three Brothers.  Death is giving the first brother the Elder Wand on the bridge.  I once again put the sun in the background as an excuse for why the entire thing is black/in shadow.  I really really like this one.



This is a redo of the shadowy-Quidditch picture.  This time, I made the equipment more organized and neat-looking, but I think it looks a bit unnatural now.



This one I drew in Chem.  It's a rather snazzy balloon with a mustache, top hat, bow tie, and a cane.  I would have given it tails as well, but that's quite hard to draw on a balloon, actually.



This is the full page of Chem notes from that day, complete with ants carrying various objects to their ant hill (middle of page), a quaffle scoring a goal (top right), the date come to life and falling off a cliff (top right, under the quaffle and hoop), a ringing telephone (bottom right), rain on an umbrella (bottom left), my super-snazzy balloon, and bees buzzing around (all over the page).  I had fun that day.



This is my design for a cool Quidditch shirt or poster or something.  While I love the shirt logos we have now, I always like to incorporate the hoops into my Quidditch designs since those are the most recognized piece of equipment we use.  They also just look pretty awesome.  I would totally wear a t-shirt with this on it.


Anyways, yes, here they are.  I hope, Ghost Reader, that you enjoyed these pictures and my explanations.  I rather enjoy drawing in class; it occupies me while still allowing me to pay enough attention to follow the lecture, mostly.  I'll definitely be drawing more things like this in the near future when I have class again, so perhaps I'll post those afterwards too.  I also thought pictures would be something nice to post instead of my usual words.  Hope you enjoyed it.  I am anxious to read your Ghost comments.  I find them most riveting.

Goodnight, dearest readers, goodnight.
Victoria

PS: I shall have some very exciting news in the next week or so.  I am quite delighted to share it, but it has to wait a bit while I work a few things out.  Then, however, I shall DEFINITELY blog about it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great drawings as usual. :)
    And I know what you're talking about lol!! Have fun at Woman in Black; tell me all the stuff you got scared at so I can be glad I didn't see it!

    ReplyDelete